An exciting opportunity for a trainee to join our experienced team of Veterinary Technicians working across Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire and gain a Vet Technician (Livestock) Apprenticeship.
- Full time employment whilst training over a period of 2 years
- Foot trimming training from our skilled team
- Proficiency in all Vet Tech roles such as mobility scoring, blood testing, freeze branding, cattle weighing and handling, disbudding, sheep shearing and dipping
- Working alongside our professional Vet Tech team- involvement in all aspects of their daily workload
- Support and training from both our Vet and Vet Tech teams to enable completion of the National Apprenticeship Framework including portfolio building and assessment guidance
Applicants will need to have
- English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or higher
- Experience with livestock
- Practical ability
- Clean driving licence (trailer licence an advantage)
- Team skills
- IT ability
The successful applicant will become an integral part of our Vet Tech team and have the opportunity to work and train alongside our friendly and talented professionals providing a high level service to our clients across the dairy, beef and sheep sectors.
Synergy Farm Health will provide the training time, and support the college fees and attendance required for completion of the Apprenticeship. The Apprenticeship consists of a combination of work and college based learning, and is assessed with a combination of portfolio completion and observation assessment. Successful candidates will gain the Level 5 Vet Technician (Livestock) Apprenticeship as awarded by the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education.
Applications to be made by email with an accompanying CV to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30th July 2021.